Doesn’t sound very tasty now does it?! Well, let me tell you: this bread is very tasty! Even though there is no sugar in this, it tastes quite sweet – almost like cake! At least I thought so… but what do I know about sweetness anymore? ;) Anyway, about this zucchini bread: don’t knock it till you try it! Seriously! And did I mention how healthy it is?
Admit it: it looks really really good, doesn’t it? Makes wanna run straight to my kitchen to bake another one of these babies ;) If you want to try this bread yourself, read on!
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (blend rolled oats until fine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup butter (I used lactose-free butter)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond milk (or any other milk you like)
- 9-10 dates
- optional: 2 tbsp rolled oats (for texture)
- Start by preheating your oven to 180˚C. Grease the loaf pan (cakevorm) you’re going to use with some butter or oil.
- If you haven’t done this already: blend the rolled oats until they look like a flour. Chop up the dates. Grate the zucchini (I used a cheese grater for this).
- You’re going to use 2 different bowls. In one, mix together the oat flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In the other bowl, you’re going to mix together the butter (softened, but not melted) and the zucchini. When this is mixed, add in the eggs one by one and mix until smooth. Or, as smooth as it gets with the zucchini ;)
- Now you’re going to add your flour mixture and the milk, by alternating: start by adding flour, then add milk, add flour again, add the rest of the milk and end by adding the remainder of the flour mixture. Keep mixing!
- Add the dates and two tablespoons of rolled oats to the batter and mix in with a spoon.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (depending on your oven).
Pretty easy, huh? I’d love to know if you tried this recipe! Let me know either on Facebook or on Instagram! And most of all: enjoy your bread! (It tasted extra good when you add a little date syrup!)